Sunday, September 11, 2016

Teacher Week 2016

As a new instagramer and blogger, I was thrilled when I found out about Blog Hoppin's teacher week! I knew it'd be a great way to get more involved in the online teacher community, and boy was I right! Basically, you post a picture on Instagram for 5 days in a row based on the theme of that day. I was able to meet so many amazing women and teachers through teacher week. It's amazing that no matter how long you've been teaching or where in world you live, all teachers have something in common. Whether you use the same classroom Pinterest hacks, wear the same teacher dress, or are both slaves to the Target dollar section, there seems to be at least one thing that bonds you to another teacher. I think that's really something special, and it was great to be a part of something that let me connect with even more teacher friends. So without further ado, here's my Teacher Week 2016!

Day 1: Meet Me Monday

Here I was connected with several other teachers with an affinity for Christmas and a good PB&J sandwich. There also seem to be so many other 2nd year teachers. It's nice not feeling like the only new kid on the block!

Day 2: Teaching Tuesday

This is when I shared my favorite lesson of the year: The First Day Jitters. I know I definitely have my fair share of jitters on the first day of a new school year, so being able to share this with my students while calming their nerves too is a great way to bond us together. There are also so many lessons and activities to go along with this book. I personally love the "First Day Feelings" graph so I can sneak a little math lesson in on the first day too. :)

Day 3: Where I Work Wednesday


I loved sharing a few pictures of my pirate-themed classroom with the IG community. I think my favorite spot in the room has got to be our library: Pirate Cove. Students get to set sail on so many different journeys as they explore different worlds through the books they read here. Cheesy I know, but as an elementary teacher I'm allowed a certain amount of cheesiness on my blog, right?

Day 4: Threads Thursday

I remember when I used to stroll into the mall and head straight to Forever 21 to search solely for the latest and trendiest pieces. It's funny how priorities change! Now my top priorities are finding dresses that I can squat and pick up crayons in without flashing a flock of seven year olds. These are two of my favorite teacher outfits that are comfortable and functional, and don't tell anyone but those pants are actually from Forever 21! ;)

Day 5: Friends Friday

My favorite day! I feel so lucky to have some of the best women and teachers I've ever met right down the hall! Jennifer and I decided to take our Friends Friday picture together, especially since we're both TpTers and Instateachers :) Not only do I have a great network of teacher friends at school, I have also made some amazing ones through social media as well! The way I see it you can never have too many teacher friends. Each teacher I meet teaches me something new, and I can't wait to meet even more of you! So don't be shy-feel free to message me whenever on any of my social media to chat, share tips and tricks, or even just to vent about that one student who's going to send you into early retirement. We all have at least one!

This week has been such a blast, and I'm truthfully sad it's over. I hope to continue to connect with more fellow teachers, so be sure to check out my social media links on the sidebar. I hope you enjoyed reading my weeks worth of posts, and I'll see you next year for Teacher Week 2017!


2 comments:

  1. What a great blog post! I'm a new blogger, instagramer and TPT seller, so many new worlds! But I love connecting with other teachers across the globe! Best of luck with your school year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I've been doing TPT for a about 2 years but I'm brand new to blogging, Instagram, and all of those other social media sites too. It's a little overwhelming for sure, but we can figure it out! I'll go follow your pages :) Let me know if you ever need anything!

    ReplyDelete